Monday, December 31, 2012

From basement to ceiling

"But in my head
    there's some shelves that need cleaning
          from basement to ceiling -
                                                       Control."


I believe in fresh starts. Clean slates. Clear consciences. Of course these are not limited to any calendar day or to specific moments in time. But today, I choose again to leave the filth behind.


In 2013, I'm going to find that girl I left back in 2010. But the pieces of myself that I left in your arms, the ones in your hands, and especially the ones at your feet... keep them. I have not yet forgiven you, but on most days I can forgive myself. And for that, I am grateful.

To take each day as it comes.
To continue healing.
To live in grace.
To breathe.
To love.

Happy new year.
xx
Lulu

"Understand.. that God wrapped you like a bow."





17 comments:

  1. The beauty is in the fact that you know what you want. That's all it takes.

    Hope you accomplish everything you look up to this year.
    Happy New Year!
    Love.
    Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope 2013 is a really good year for you! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some very good resolutions. Happy 2013 to you as well!

    xo,
    Mariamma

    and beautiful waterfall photo... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year, lulu! LOve your resolutions and yes i am a firm believer in the concept of fresh starts & clean slates

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful and touching. I hope you keep pushing forward and have a wonderful new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the poetry! So nice post!

    I am your newest follower on GFC! :) Hope you can do the same :)
    http://beatricemalveda.blogspot.com

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful and poetic. Have a Happy New Year my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful. Wishing you all the best in 2013!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks,for your lovely comment,dear.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the message in your short poem. It is important to walk on and to heal, and not to get paralyzed in the painful past, though sometimes it's just difficult to forget and move on.

    I wish you a (belated) happy New Year, may the year brings you happiness and good health. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe in fresh starts. Clean slates. Clear consciences. Of course these are not limited to any calendar day or to specific moments in time. But today, I choose again to leave the filth behind.
    Makes so much sense..

    ✗ℴ✗ℴ ♡

    +To Me It Matters+

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyday, I think, today is the day to clean the shit up and get on with it. And the next morning, it repeats.

    ReplyDelete