ver·sa·tile adjective \ˈvər-sə-təl, especially British -ˌtī(-ə)l\
1 : changing or fluctuating readily : variable
2 : embracing a variety of subjects, fields, or skills; also : turning with ease from one thing to another
3 a (1) : capable of turning forward or backward : reversible (2) : capable of moving laterally and up and down
b of an anther : having the filaments attached at or near the middle so as to swing freely
4 : having many uses or applications
Maija of The Sequined World, along with my doppleganger namesake Loulou of Sugarstorm, have both graciously named me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Now, I'm new to this game and don't really know what awards are for other than spreading love. So, it's in that vein I play along.
As I have mentioned time and again, it is always (always) nice to know that someone, no matter how far, connects with what I might write. I am small and minimally consequential on most days; However, I would be lying if I said there wasn't some validation in blogging to you - essential strangers. But you know that.
The acceptance of the versatile blogger award comes with stipulations (like any quality chain letter). Here they are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to their site.
- List 7 interesting things about yourself.
- Link to 15 (or 7, or whatever) blogs that you would like to nominate for the award yourself.
1. You can find everything you need to know right here. It's all true. Out of chronology, maybe, but still burning in a layover of blank space, waiting to be snuffed out in words.And now, for the bloggers. The girls above stole a couple of my very favorites already, but there are many I like to follow. I'm going to limit my list to three for now.
2. I am not sure I'll ever love anyone like I love my dog. His name is Newton. Like
Sir Isaacfruit and cake.
3. I am both liberated and lonely.
4. I am envious of adult children who have healthy relationships with their parents. I often wonder how much is my own fault.
5. I love to cook, yet I just ate jelly beans for dinner.
6. I believe the best sex of my life will happen in my 30s.
7. They way I feel the morning after only three glasses of wine can only mean that I damaged my liver beyond repair while I was in college.
S. at .As Far As The Eye Can See. for her script of love and heartbreak that speaks to me even when I'm not sure how.
Keith at Musings of an Unapologetic Dreamer for his little insights into the every day.
Sara at Raging euphemisms because I'm addicted to her story.